Old 08-17-11, 11:34 AM
colleen c
I am a caffine girl

Bikes: 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp...2010 Scott CR1 CF...2007 Novara FS Float2.0...2009 Specialized Hardrock Disc...2009 Schwinn Le Tour GSr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mechBgon
An upside-down locomotive!
It's getting me notice for sure. The other morning, I was slowing down to an intersection which was red for me. There was a car in the opposite direction in the left turn only lane. I came to a stop in the middle lane (the right lane was turn right only). I had my BR IV on low, two XPG R5 on med, and a KD C8 XML on my helmet on medium as a test flashlight. The car opposite wanting to do a left turn flashed a spot light from the driver side left side mirror. On second glance, it was a cop car. He flicked his light on and off several times. I turn my handle to my right and turn my head to the right. The cop then turn on his spot light and point at me and then I guess he realised I was a cyclist and turned it off. His got a green light to go and as he turn, he never looked at me at all.

I think there is a limitation to a point of having either too much light or just having a unusual pattern of lights where most motorist have never dealt with this type of setup. If anything, I think I approached that level.....sigh.