View Single Post
Old 08-18-11, 10:43 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by mthayer
Yes she is a chiropractor, but she is finishing up her degree to where she would be the equivelent to a general practioner. Before she ever called me, she went over her findings with MDs to make sure she is not and will not give wrong or bad advice. She did give me a copy of the results of the bloodwork, explained everything on it and made a few suggestions. She said that she would encourage me to see a doctor also.

Ok for her findings

The main concern of her was my liver, and my cholestorol. While the cholestorol was barely out of the normal ranges, she said for my age they are a little too high. She said that they cholestorol may be because of my liver having to work harder and trying to detoxify whats going on in my body. Also they are concerned that i may have a lot of heavy metals (mercury and or arsonic) in my system from me being a pescotarian. I am going to get a test done for it, but i have to be off fish for a week. She has me taking vitamin D and b because my body is deficient in them. And she has me taking niacin for something and magnesium. Ive been on the magnesium for over a week now and my blood pressure had dropped 6 points on both sides. im kinda happy about that. Im going see where this takes me, if it doesnt work then I guess i will be stuck popping pills for it.

As far as my diet, she recommended strongly no more Dr. Peppers, fish for now, lighten up on the soy, more fruits and leafy greens and veggies, cut out the simple carbohydrates and no more sweets. She did kinda recommend that i start eating chicken, turkey, lean pork, and lean beef, thats going to be weird since its been 4 years with not eating it. i need to just htfu and do it and be healthier. Also i need to start doing light excercise, she does not like that i told her that i am seriously considering doing a triathlon in a month. She did not believe that i could do them and that i have already done some.

I appriciate the support and help from everyone here on the forums.
"Also i need to start doing light excercise, she does not like that i told her that i am seriously considering doing a triathlon in a month. She did not believe that i could do them and that i have already done some." That alone raises a red flag for me. Why did she tell you that? Frankly, she sounds like a herbalist rather than a doctor.

The niacin might be to boost your HDL count. It's commonly scripted in high doses. Did she issue a script?