Old 06-29-05, 11:31 AM
DerekU2

Bikes: 2005 Orbea Dauphine, 1997 GT Timberline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Comcast Rolling out OLN to all of New England on Expanded Basic!

I sent an inquiry to Comcast in Boston about OLN. The apocolyspe must be coming, because they gave me what I wanted and aren't making me upgrade for it! OLN on standard cable! Below is their full response:

Comcast responds to our customer's requests!! In order to make the Tour De France and the other quality programming found on OLN (Outdoor Life Network) available to our subscribers we are launching the network in all areas that did not previously receive it. This year the launch will be permanent!

OLN will be added to all Expanded basic lineups throughout New England!

Tour de France ? Live Coverage begins with Pre-race show July 2, 8:30 ? 11:30 am Prime Time Coverage will run 8:30 ? 11 pm and 12-2:30 am ET.

The following information lists only those towns that did not have OLN prior to 6/28.

MA and NH:

Chelsea, Everett, Lynn, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Salem, Somerville, Stoneham, Swampscott, Wakefield, and Winthrop will have OLN on channel 48.

Nashua will have OLN on channel 57

Allston/Brighton, BackBay/BeaconHill, Brookline, Charlestown, East Boston, Fenway, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, North Dorchester, North End, Roslindale, Roxbury, South Boston, South Dorchester, South End, and West Roxbury will have OLN on channel 62.

Ashburnham, Ashby, Ayer, Boxborough, Carlisle, Devens, Fitchburg, Gardner, Leominster, Littleton, Lunenburg, Phillipston, Shirley, Templeton, Townsend, Westford, Westminster, and Winchendon will have OLN on channel 65.

Cambridge will have OLN on channel 99.

Connecticut:

Andover, Bolton, Ellington, Hebron, Marlborough, Tolland, and Vernon will have OLN on channel 26 initially, and then later on channel 25.

Branford, East Haven, Guilford, Madison, North Branford, North Haven, and Wallingford will have OLN on channel 42 and then later on 64.

Avon, Berlin, Bloomfield, Bristol, Burlington, Canton, East Hartford, Farmington, Hartford, New Britain, Plainville, Simsbury, West Hartford, and Windsor will have OLN on channel 64 initially and then later on channel 25.

Cobalt, Colchester, Cromwell, East Hampton, Middle Haddam, Middlefield, Middletown, Portland, and Rockfall will have OLN on channel 66 initially and then later on channel 25.
Living in Somerville, I followed up by asking what will happen to ESPN Classic which is currently on Channel 48. It is moving to channel 42 and the Protuguese channel is moving from 42 to 96. I asked when this change will go live in Somerville, but they didn't answer that part.