Old 08-22-11, 08:14 PM
DARKSCOPE001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lakkdainen
I have a strada and enduro 8. Got the enduro first, and was happy with it... then I got a trainer. The enduro senses the front wheel, which was useless indoors. The strada seems nearly identical but senses off the rear wheel and has cadence. The display shows one value in large font, and one smaller. I generally keep the cadence large, distance small. I'm still in the beginner category, so I find the cadence very useful. I could see if you've been at it a year or two though you'd probably just fall into range automatically from muscle memory.

Like you, I'm weary of anything wireless. (Are you in IT too?) The wire for my strada is tight and straight down the top of my down tube, touching the bottle cage bolts. If you're not looking closely, it's like a pin stripe. It's more reliable and cheaper.
Thanks lakkdainen. Im assuming by IT you mean computer tech? (forgive me if thats the wrong term) no but I am anal about how business my bike looks. I raced rc since I was 12 and always had the cleanest car and best setup car on the track. Now I just got my degree in aviation maintenance. OCD maybe but Everything in my oppinion has to be damn near perfect. Besides a clean sleek setup is a fast setup. It allows you to detect faults and see if something is wrong faster than one that is just cobbled together. So I like to keep my bike as cleen and as organized as possible so that I can see problems before they become big issues.

Thanks again
Sean Scott