Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IL Coke Addict
Mine's used, and it was the only color the seller had . Her's is nice, too. How long did her stock wheels last, and what is she running now?

Cool vids and soundtrack. Thanks for sharing.
Her Pilot is the 06, Full carbon full Ultegra 10 speed (07 had a Bontrager crank). Original price was $2800 but we got "still new last years" model for $2200 plus the benefit of the Ultegra crank.

Her bike was equipped with Race Lite wheels. She finally toasted the rear wheel at 13,000 miles. Cracks around the spoke holes, classic Bontrager issue. I had a Deep V on my Cannondale with a rather new low mileage Dura Ace hub. I swapped it over to her bike then built a new Deep V Ultegra wheel for my Cannondale.

I told her to give the V a try and if she thought it was too heavy, I'd tear it down and build a lighter wheel for her. But she doesn't seem to have a problem with the Deep V. She says it's a much better wheel than the wimpy Bontrager Race Lite she had on there previously.

You can see the Deep V in the picture of her on the bike. She now has over 14,000 miles on the bike and likes more than when we first got it.