Old 08-23-11, 08:29 AM
ColeJustesen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimc101
Is that really what you have! as that is a pressfit BB30 bottom bracket, and has never worked with square taper like your FSA Tempo; at present, would suggest either a picture of your actual bike, or go to your LBS where they can clarify exactly what you do have. for the external BB giving a stiffer crank, yes it does, but will you notice, that's another matter.

For wheels, lighter = better for speed; wheels going out of true is more about the build than components.

Would use caution with replacing any parts, if they aren't worn out, if your bike was a budget to mid range one to start with, throwing money at it won't make the bike as a whole much if any better.
Not that is not my bike... It was the best picture I could come up with showing the bottom portion of the frame... It would be nice to have something like that though

I will take a picture of my frame and post it here... As far as the bike goes, it would be considered budget to mid range (although my wallet says otherwise). That is a good question on whether I will notice or not. When I was talking to a tech at my LBS, he suggested that I put my bike up for sale (as he thought I could get at least $600) out of it, eat a few hundred and get into a newer bike that has better components on it. This particular shop carries Raleigh and Felt bikes. When I bought my current bike, I opted for buying it online, as I felt I got a better bang for my buck. I felt I was getting a lot better components for a lower price than what I could get at a bike shop. To get the same setup at my bike shops, I was looking at prices around $1200-$1400. I was able to get mine for $700, so being budget conscience I went with the cheaper option.

I was wanting to upgrade components on my current bike, which I love to ride, but he (LBS tech) started to talk about if you put so much money in components into a bike you will eventually get to a point where that money could have bought a whole new bike with the same components on it. He mentioned that Raleigh and Felt had a change in their marketing scheme and realized that people wanted better components at a lower price range, so now I am able to get into a full 105 group on a CAD designed bike frame for just under $1K. Which was what I was looking for initially, and why I opted to go to an online retailer. I really don't want to sell my bike, as I feel like the bike fits me pretty good! Though it is something I am keeping in mind.

Cole