View Single Post
Old 08-28-11, 08:13 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5772 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,420 Posts
I've found I do better with tubes where the lower end of the range matches the tire, rather than the upper number. Based on that I suggest you look for SV tubes marked 700 x 35-45c or simiular, rather than 700 x 25-35c.

Either will fit, as will anything that has a width range that includes 35mm. The advantage of going a bit larger is that the tuge won't be stretched as much when inflated. While it won't help with regular punctures, being stretched less seem to help prevent rim side leaks.

As for brands, that's tougher because most of the brands you see are marketing brands, not the actual maker. Kenda for example does make tires and tubes under their own name, but also sells them to importers under their names. Companies like Trek put their names on tires and tubes made by companies like Kenda, but you have no way of knowing the actual maker or the quality.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.