View Single Post
Old 08-29-11, 11:35 AM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of cruisers not being well thought of, just there hasn't been much to say about them either. I like blue jeans, but that doesn't mean I go around asking people "So, what do you think about blue jeans", "Which blue jeans should I wear to walk the dog?", etc. The thing is, there's really not much distintive about cruisers. If I'm overweight, riding a cruiser on the road in Texas, that can go in the Clydesdale forum, the Road Cycling Forum (which is not a road bike forum, but a road cycling forum, and that distinction is often overlooked), or the Texas forum, and I've had cruiser posts in each one. The bikes don't especially lend themselves to innovation, other than custom bikes (for which, see www.ratrodbikes.com). I've also had adult tricyle posts in the Utility biking forum.

I just noticed the thread title is "beach cruiser"- and most often, when I see that term used, it is for a bike without fenders. Does anyone else make that distinction, or is this intended for cruisers in general?

"Where does one locate a double butted chro-mo framed beach cruiser, something under, say, oh, 50 pounds?"

Consider this bike, don't know about the double-butted chro-mo specifically:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntercycles/1810309141/

Last edited by StephenH; 08-29-11 at 11:52 AM.