Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Main San Francisco Library - Civic Center

My early summer experience at the Civic Center Main SF Library:

I had DVD's to return to the library. So I locked my old Nishiki Sebring road bike to the heavy duty bike rack outside and proceed towards the return area. Suddenly, I thought about how nice it would be just to have the DVD's renewed, instead.

I therefore, stand in the renewal line for just about fifteen minutes before I get my materials renewed. I get back to the bike rack and my bike is missing from the rack! I'm instantly bewildered and PO'ed, simultaneously! I turned around to witness my bike parked on the sidewalk ( the kick-stand fully engaged ) with the Kryptonite Lock, re-locked and hanging on my top tube. There's this really tall surly and unkept-looking guy standing with his back against the library building, nervously smoking a cigarette, looking away from me, and totally too focused upon his cigarette.

I was happy to see my bike and that I could repossess it. I unlocked my lock and placed it back into my backpack. Upon further inspection, I could plainly see that the lock had burn marks around the key hole and that something had a grinding like affect upon it in the same area. I quickly replaced my lock at a LBS in preference to the old Kryptonite Lock.

Life in the big city can be so forever weird!