Old 08-30-11, 01:40 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Fat Dude!.....Back in 05 I watched my diet very closely for 2 years or so. I did not eat junk food, mayo, butter and lots of other stuff I enjoy just to see what I could do on the bike at my lowest weight. At 6'1, the best I could do was 218 lbs. I didn't think I was fat but one guy seemed to think so.

I was out on a solo century connecting local trails and part of Pacific Coast Hwy. I was 90 miles into my ride when some skinny dude on a very nice bike hopped on the trail as I rolled by his trail entrance. He raced around me got ahead about 40 yards then started looking back as if we were racing. Knowing I was at mile 90, my goal was to make it back, I didn't give a rat's butt about some dude just hopping on the trail. But keeping my pace, I reeled the guy in. He'd race off again but after several fades, he just hopped on my wheel.

He asked where I was headed and I mentioned I was near the end of my century. He asked how many miles I had completed, I replied with 95 at this point. He said," I should be ashamed of myself struggling to keep up with you since being fresh and you have so many miles". I just smiled and said, "I'm just trying to get it done". He asked about my yearly mileage. That year I did 7300 miles. He said, " you have a ton of mileage so why are you still fat?".

I told him that I had been watching my diet and that I guess I'd always just be a fat guy. But his comment triggered off something in my legs. I lifted the pace leaving him behind. When I was clear, I stomped on the pedals and he vanished rather quickly.

I will never be skinny but I'm sure he will always remember the day he got stomped by a fat guy. He should be thanking me for the memory!

After a 62 miler in Casa Grande Arizona at 220'ish. I didn't think I was fat. I rode the first 2/3 of he ride solo with an average of nearly 20 mph. 62 mile in 3:04