Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chefisaac
you first need to figure out how many calories he needs to maintain his weight and how many calories he burns in a day. You do not want to have too much of a deficit with the calories!
The way I see it, FIRST......... just ride the bike! Turn that 12 miles into 50, then the rest will come.Seriously, work on increasing the distance. If you cut back his intake, he will feel weak and may never increase the ride. Once he reaches longer distances, he will achieve a higher fitness level and will require less food to fuel his rides. Then one day he gets it in his head he can do 100 if he watches his diet a little more then drops weight because he wants to!

Everyone has their own approach but this works for me when it comes to Gina. She tells me that she feels fat, I take her for a ride then increase the distance and NEVER do I tell her to cut back her food. When she's feeling good, that comes naturally and I never have to be the bad guy saying, "baby, your butt is getting too big".

Sometime she will ask if she should eat a little somthing less for breakfast. I tell her, "no, you are going to need it!".

If it weren't for my hobbies, she'd stay home eating Cheetos watching I love Lucy reruns aaaaalllll day. That's the way it was before I wise up and decided to involve her in my fun! Now she won't stay home!