Old 10-24-02, 07:50 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've heard this complaint numerous times. I'm not a member, and don't plan to be, but not because of this. I live too far to attend any meetings or any scheduled events. However, there are so few festivals in our area, that I'm very interested in attending and meeting some new people.

I agree that small groups are better than huge masses, but at any festival, that usually occurs. There is no excuse for this behavior at weekly rides, and I'm assuming that was what you experienced.

Not to defend them, but my guess is they're just ignorant to the obvious fact. (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt since I've not had personal experience with similar situations.) Has the Pres of SWAMP been informed of these problems? I'll bet, that a call from a concerned rider to the Pres expressing this concern would hopefully travel to the group leaders (guides). Education is always a better resolution than avoidance and continued problems. (In my book)

There are so few mtn bikers in our area, that the actions of a few idiots doesn't warrant total retribution of the whole organization. This is such a common occurance and issues that we try to avoid with the general public, that the infighting amongst ourselves should be avoided.

BTW, you ever visit www.ridgeriders.net ? I guess there are a few people there that have a similar distain for SWAMP Club riders.

I'm still planning on going to the festival, and if I get a chance to talk to the Pres. (Wes is his name, I think!) I will do my best to express this concern. I'll let you know what happens. Sorry you won't make to the festival so we could meet in person.

Other rides, I loved to hook up and ride. I'll let you know when I'm heading up!

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger