Old 10-24-02, 08:57 AM
corndogggy

Location: Paducah, KY (40 minutes from Canal Loop trail at Land Between the Lakes)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't want to lug an amp around. That MP3 player doesn't weigh hardly anything, so I thought it would work out.

As for the comparison between what I was wanting to do and having music while hunting and fishing... not quite the same in my opinion. First of all, fishing on the bank of a lake out in the middle of nowhere while listing to the Jeep's radio is awesome. Otherwise, I ride my bike alone to work out and push the limits of my athletic ability. I get bored while I'm doing that for a few hours straight, and it would be nice to have something to think about instead of pain. Why do you think there is music in any gym that you walk in to? Because people perform better, and they get bored after working out for a long time, and want something else to think about other than the pain. It's cool to be out in the woods, but it just plain hurts after awhile.

Maybe I see it a little differently than you guys also. If I ever want to "dig on nature", I go hiking in the thousands of acres of public lands available that I live next to. I go camping, or Jeeping, or hiking, or biking, or hunting, or SOMETHING out in the woods like every other day. I imagine that somebody who isn't out there as much as me would see it differently.