Italuminium
Cisalpinist

Bikes: blue ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Charles Wahl
Ten Speed Drive imported Guerciotti frames unpainted; they painted, applied graphics and clearcoated them, and then either sold them as framesets or built them up as complete bicycles, generally with Campagnolo components. These have been featured in "overrated bicycles" threads here, and otherwise, as you can see, generally maligned when C&V is gathered 'round to piss on the fire hydrant. I have a 1983 TSD model, the one that was built with Columbus SLX tubing, that was the top of their line then. Here are some photos of the TSD downtube sticker and the panto on the Cinelli brake bridge. More here, though not complete -- some of the photos taken for JR Anderson to do a repro decal set for someone else.

I have to say that while the application of vinyl decals (unfortunately under the clearcoat) looks like a 6-year-old did it, the build quality seems great, for a "production" bike. I've never ridden it yet (soon, I hope), so can't speak on that. But the detailing is very nice, using top-drawer components; fork fully chromed, along with rear dropouts and right chainstay -- what's not to like may or may not come later . . .
That way of doing things seems extremely similar to the way things Concorde did. same details on the build.