Old 09-06-11, 06:46 PM
McCallum

Bikes: Trek multi-track 720

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cantdrv55

I was 290lbs in Aug 2009; I am 182.2 as of 9/5/11. This was done by 1) changing how I eat --- I stop eating a lot of snacks after work and before supper and 2) I walked when I use to snack. As others of said one must make it a habit or as I say "A lifestyle" That lifestyle is both eating correctly (read eat to keep your Bg undercontrol) and exercise/moving other than walking to the frig and food storeage places. I have found that my Bg is lower know that I cycle daily (ok at least 5 out of 7 days a week) I take metforman 1000mg daily. You do not give your height so do not know if 195-200 is a good weight or not. I am looking at 175-180 as a ending/maintiainance range. The thing I realized two years ago is that I could not go on another diet and keep the weight off; if I was to keep the weight off I was/had to change the way I look and thought about food. The research that I have found has said that those who lose 100 lbs or more and keep the weight off for more than a year (read do not regain the weight) did a couple of things 1) tracked their weight (stepped on the scale daily; put on a certain pair of pants daily to check the fit) in other words they knew of the had gained a pound or not each day. 2) tracked their food intake; yep measured and weight the food; this insures that one only eats a single portion not two, three or five. 3) they got up and move at least 30 mins a day three days a week. Yep; staying healthy is work but then again don't we own it to ourselves to be healthy? PM me if you want to hear more!