View Single Post
Old 09-07-11, 05:50 PM
rkokish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I second that motion. 25lbs is a lot of weight gain for one year and it sounds like your inexpensive hybrid is at least as capable as you are right now. Even if you spend 3 grand on it, a new bike won't be THAT different unless it's a unicycle. (Actually, a UNIcycle isn't a BIcycle, so it wouldn't count.)

You probably ought to take a serious look at your life, your commitments and your priorities first and buy the new bike later, to mark having brought your height/weight ratio inside the normal range and riding at least 1000 miles a year on the bike you already have.

Originally Posted by Aquakitty
Well sorry to break it to you but any new bike you get will be just as boring in a few weeks when the initial new shiny wears off. Mind if I make a suggestion? Why not focus on losing the weight, diet change and consistent workouts. The only thing stopping you is your own mind and you will feel much better about yourself. I lost 85 pounds so far and I have gone through a lot of bikes and a lot of excuses before I just said "ok its time to stop making excuses and do this". New bikes do make things more exciting for a bit but it comes down to wanting to ride. I am at the point now where I can have a blast on my 10$ garage sale bike. Just sayin'