Old 09-08-11, 03:42 PM
smithms2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DCB0
I think there is very little difference between the quality of these frames. THe only difference I can tell is that the Schwinn seems to require a standard headset, and the Sette requires an integrated headset.

If you are worried about the opinion of others then I would suggest something other than these two bikes - Schwinn for the past few years has developed a reputation for selling mainly dept. store bikes, and Sette is the discount 'no name' frames sold by pricepoint. If you plan to actually ride, as opposed to showing off, both of these will be fine.

But what are you using the frame for? Are you building a bike from scratch? Have you got a bike with a damaged frame but is otherwise complete?
I had a roommate that moved out leaving me his old road bike that has a cracked frame. So I was thinking of just moving the parts that I could to a new frame then if needed ...buy new parts that are specific to that new frame.

Opps...poser might have been wrong word to use. I am more concern with not getting myself hurt riding a crappy frame.

Last edited by smithms2; 09-08-11 at 04:01 PM.