Old 09-10-11, 11:50 PM
Brimstone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I carry the Lezyne Pressure Drive because in addition to having the hose, and a very smooth action, it's small enough in diameter to fit inside the seat post.

As usual jur's right about the hose-in-the-end pumps. I actually have another that I ride with sometimes. It's chromed steel and quite heavy. Doesn't pump for crap. But it's real nice for convincing cars they're too close.

I carry this tool for my Mu XL Sport with IGH:

Nashbar Single-Speed Spanner
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...2_10000_202585

In along with a nicely long handled 15mm wrench it has a couple of spoke wrenches and a big boy's tire lever. And a bottle opener in case things get too silly and jur's not around to pull the tire off with his bare hands. Only cost ten bucks. Guess I ain't rich enough to live in Portland either.

Best of all it has mounting holes to fit on bottle bosses...they're positioned just right so I can slip the wrench onto the axle nut on the drive side and secure one of the mounting holes to the unused derailleur hanger bracket hole. Rides real nice there; looks like it came with the bike.

I wrap a spare tube around the front axle and secure it with velcro, tube-weenie style. A pair of nitrile gloves shoved under the seat. A couple of hand cleaner towelettes. A lightweight garbage bag to use as a ground cover. I ride with a bike poncho which is damned handy to cover yourself and the bike with while working when it's REALLY rainin'. And we all know heavy rain exponentially increases the chance of a flat. And only rear tires go flat on a ride.

I have one of those two-pronged 'touring' kickstands with pull out adjustable feet. Because of the small wheels there's plenty of height adjustment to get the front or rear wheel in the air for removal without laying down the bike.

Most important of all of course is a cell phone and a credit card. There's nuthin' you can't fix with those 'cept a broken heart.

Last edited by Brimstone; 09-11-11 at 12:11 AM. Reason: style, baby