PainTrain
No pain, no gain.

Bikes: Trek 7100, Windsor Fens

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
I had the good fortune to ride with, (a slow recreational ride) and talk to, one of his postal teammates Ken Labbe, when they were together. I was very, very, impressed at how unassuming and friendly this guy was. He had a great "regular guy" attitude and we talked about all kinds of things. He could have been my next door neighbor. I came away thinking WOW! this guy is a member of one of the best cycling teams in the world and is modest and easy to talk to. This guy is also VERY nice.
I think there are times when a professional competitor needs to be aggressive, but that does not mean that carries over into other parts of his life. They do need to get along with a lot of team and non team people to accomplish their goals.
I can ditto that. I work for Health Net. Members of the pro team have stopped by and done 'fun rides' at the main offices around the country during the early season.

I got to ride and speak with Chris Wherry, current USPRO champion just before the start of this season. Also an extremely nice, unassuming guy.