AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hermes
We have yet another Jens Voigt posting here.
I wish! But thanks everyone. What enabled me to keep the pace were the brief respites, when the group would bunch up a bit before stretching back out, plus the sheer size of the group. I knew how hard the effort was when we finally stopped at a light, and, when we took off again, the brief stop had turned my legs to lead. Other interesting highlights: I had been warned that, when we hit the highway, it would be instant acceleration. When it happened, I was almost dropped, with the guy behind me yelling to close the gap that was forming. I got it done, but it took a bit of the hard effort to get my legs going. The more relaxed pace just hadn't opened them up. It was by far the fastest, and the tightest, peloton I had been in. People speak of the size of your "comfort sphere": how close you are willing to have your front wheel to someone else. Well, the folks in this group have some pretty small spheres. We were packed in tight, with a lot of overlapping. Only once was I uncomfortable with it, when the wheel in front of me just wasn't that predictable.

It was a blast. I'm going to have to fit this ride into my workout schedule.