viper_04649
was fixed, now i am free

Bikes: Royal H Rando, IRO Mark V Pro, Redline Monocog 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Touring on an Bridgestone XO-1 / Handsome Cycles XOXO

Let me preface by saying that I know the XOXO is not the XO-1, but seems to be my best bet for finding something like an XO-1, where the XO-1 is very hard to find and very expensive. Also, Handsome cycles seems like a cool company that are designing some very practical bikes.

My question:
Has anyone toured on an XO-1 or an XOXO? I know that people call them a tourer, and you can tour on anything, but not ideally. The HT/ST angle is 73* which seems pretty steep for comfortable touring, from my research. And i am having a very difficult time trying to find any accounts of people touring on these.

My story:
I have to ween down my fleet. I currently have a Royal H rando, an IRO fixed gear, a 29er Monocog single speed mtb, and a ('93) Trek 520 frame. I would like to have 2 bikes. A road bike, and a city/touring bike. The rando is a custom bike which i put too much money into and i get too nervous locking it up, or leaving it alone for any extended amount of time, so that is out for a city bike. The 520 is sitting in my basement, next to pile of 7-speed XT stuff. But the 520 would be pretty slow for a 95% city bike, and this is why I am thinking of the XOXO.

thanks

Last edited by viper_04649; 09-12-11 at 05:03 PM.