Old 09-13-11, 01:44 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by djkenny
Is it fair to say some of the higher line ones are available in China as well? I figure that the H6 is likely perfectly fine as well though. Has yours been pretty solid?
Just Google around for Dahon HT060. While in China it is marketed as Dahon, it might be marketed under some affiliation with Dahon outside. From photo comparisons, it appears to be a Boardwalk with 6 speeds. The quality is so-so. One of the holes in the rack was incorrectly drilled and the flaw was hidden under a washer. I do not enjoy needing to align the wheels by eye, while tightening the axle nuts. Otherwise it is OK and plenty of a bike for the price - not exciting but decent at some level. I think I went for it after it was ranked a best buy in Time Out for Beijing.

There had been higher models there too, but these were beyond my price horizon - I did not know enough at the time to jump. Just to provide a reference point, Bike Friday was more expensive than in the US, by about 20%.