View Single Post
Old 09-14-11, 08:12 AM
Catlikeone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Created A Monster

Hiya! 21yo new cyclist here. I'm from the philly suburbs but am a born and raised gritty city girl. Last spring I was introduced to cycling by a friend of mine to commute to work, do some errands, and just enjoy some blood pumping that I've been missing since stopping tennis for lack of partner(i'm a 3.0/3.5 player, and yes I will confirm this years us open sucked).

Soon commuting turned into the best part of my work day, I started riding into the city and far counties near me and tackling all the MUP I could find. My end of summer goal was to do the Schuylkill Scenic Century which due to floods was cancelled. I subsequently went to go check out the section of route which became my home to see if they were being pansies, nope. I love me some mud pit crossing and tree vaulting( looking into cyclocross) but this was pretty bad, but FUN! The metal show I was riding to for a date was a nice finish and let me say, if any of you that think lycra is not totally *****in', I have a few black metal bands and couple dozen headbangers that will disagree and totally loved mud splattered black lycra.

So what are my goals now? Well, this weekend I will complete my first century, since the SSC cancelled, try mountain biking, and catch a roadie.

I've had the pleasure of doing sprint intervals with a few and have turned roadies into my rabbit of sorts, in a totally type A way. Imma get you, SOON

In the mean time, I will be upgrading my hybrid, Tachyon GT 3.0 2011 to a road bike( will consult here for some suggestions instead of salivating over the sexy pieces at the shop without having a clue) as I feel the slowness you guys talk about when trying to speed somewhere and joining a club, Sturdy Girl particularly.

Here's a pic of my bike at the top of the perkiomen trail before I made my way back home, I experienced my first bonk shortly after departing, in freak monsoon rain, no food left and in the middle of farm country since i took a bailout route since it was 98 humid and I wanted home.

Can we say live and learn? lol

Anyways, Thanks for your insights and hope to get to know everybody better. Rock on! lml
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.jpg (99.9 KB, 18 views)