View Single Post
Old 09-14-11, 11:24 AM
gna
Count Orlok Member

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, Raleigh Twenty, Raleigh Wyoming, Raleigh DL1, Schwinn Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by mainstreetexile
I've been looking for a Raleigh Sports / 3 speed to try out for a while now. Finally found this Triumph last weekend, looks like it's made by Raleigh, second tier / lower model than the Sports.

Seems like it's in really excellent condition, the previous owner replaced the indicator spindle and shifter cable but I need to fix and trim up the housing. Not sure of an exact date, all I can make out on the AW hub date code is a straight vertical looking line and a zero, so I'm assuming 1970.

I was looking for a green Sports since I'm not crazy about the coffee / brown, but I really like the paint color on this. I like vintage motorcycles too and I really love these decals and the Triumph connection.
Very nice. Early '70s; the large rear reflector makes me think 73 or so. Are the wheels 36/36 spoke, or 40/32? I bought a black one with similar decals and lettering for my brother, and I'm guessing it's from '73 or '74.

I like the Bronze Green Sports, too, as that's the bike my dad had when I was a kid.