View Single Post
Old 09-15-11, 08:02 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18462 Post(s)
Liked 15,725 Times in 7,391 Posts
Originally Posted by ilike3bikes
I understand how you must feel with the LHT on order, because I a waiting on a Surly Cross Check with S&S couplers and a travel pack from Belinky Cycle Works.
If you drove past Bilenky you would probably never stop in. It's at the end of a dead end street right up against the railroad tracks and next to a junkyard in a neighborhood that has seen better days. There are bars on the door of the building, which looks somewhat like a small old power substation. The one time I went up there to have some bolt holes of my rear rack drilled out I thought I was in the wrong place. A couple of other shops refused to do the work because they were worried about liability if the rack were to later fail under load. The guy I spoke with said "We'll drill holes in anything--as long as it's not ours." He then proceeded to do the job in two minutes, offer me some snacks and gave me a tour of the shop. He intially refused to take money, but after much insistence on my part, he said "Give me $9." Turns out that was all I had in my wallet.

Great bunch of guys and gals who do great work.