Old 09-17-11, 11:11 AM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My baby - afraid for my baby.....

Interesting how we become attached to inanimate objects. Well, I have, to a silly arrangement of aluminum, carbon fiber, cable, rubber and some steel - my CX bike. Bought it in April, and have ridden the snot out of it on the road - commuting, fitness/training rides, centuries. Now CX season starts, and I am terrified.

I don't wanna break my baby!

So, I am frantically trying to sell prints, guns, a driftboat, and other stuff to be able to afford a road bike so I can have that backup bike. I still don't want anything to happen to my darling CX friend, and probably nothing more than dirt and mud and untrue wheels will happen.

But I do laugh a bit at myself - EVERY time I walk into the garage, I look at my bike and think to myself just how much I like it and how fortunate I am to have it, and how good a friend it has been to me. I was really stupid to have wasted the past 25 give or take years not cycling - sure would have been nice to have gotten back into cycling before the knee surgeries (running-related).

Now I just have to find someone that want a driftboat, guns, artwork, beer making equipment....anything else I can think of that isn't nailed down......