View Single Post
Old 09-18-11, 10:15 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6200 Post(s)
Liked 4,201 Times in 2,357 Posts
Originally Posted by mburgess86
I live in colorado springs this spring my wife and I want to start touring maybe start off with some shorter trips to go camping in the mountains on weekends. Has anyone toured the area and do you have any routes, tips or places you enjoyed riding or camping from here?
There's about a million trips you can take. Co Springs to Canyon City then to Hartsel and back. Downhill into the Springs from the mountains isn't all that bad even in the canyon since you are traveling fast down hill.

Or you could head north to Sedalia, over Rampart to Deckers and onto to Woodland Park. This one would be good with a mountain bike. You could come back down Rampart Range Road to near Garden of the Gods.

Another ride would be to head south to Pueblo, then to Colorado City/Rye. Head over to Westcliff and back to Canyon City. You could go back up Co 15 to the Springs. Here's a map of the loop around Pueblo.

That's just a few.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!