Old 07-03-05, 06:58 PM
Groundhawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eelozano
Just a mini rant.

To any other larger people who attempt to lose weight on a bicycle.

Doesn't it discourage you when everyday you have some kids drive by in a car an yell some obscene language in regards to your size?

I'm used to people doing this on occasion and I can handle it, but when your out there for the sole purpose of exercise and your trying to focus in on just riding it really throws a wrench in your spokes (pun intended) when some people just are plain hateful.

GRRR!!!
Hi eelozano. I sometimes get yelled at. It's mostly from kids. I just smile and wave at them. This seems to bother them more than anything. Their trying to get you upset. If you just smile and wave at them.. they'll eventually stop doing it. Just act like it doesn't bother you. Don't get discouraged, It's just part of cycling that all of us have to put up with every now and then.

Congratuations on picking cycling for exercise. I wish you the best in your weight loss goals. BTW Joggers also encounter this a lot. Mostly teenagers. I was visiting one of my realitives the other day..and a guy in his late 50's or early 60's was out jogging. I've saw him jogging aroung town for about 3 years. It was about 5:30 in the afternoon. He was jogging down the road in front of my reletives house. A car load of kids were driving by, They slowed down and hollered at the jogger..." Good running grandpa, need to pick up the pace a little". The jogger never even looked at them. He acted as if they weren't there.

They just laughed and went on down the road.