Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by john gault
I'm the OP and I just can't read this thread -- it's too crazy.

Someone early in this thread suggested that I not ride in the road since I wasn't familar with the term FRAP. Granted I made a mistake by using the word "possible" in lieu of the legally correct "practicable"; I understand the difference and agree with it, just don't always talk like a lawyer. However, I'm very aware of the law and cycing in traffic, thus being part of traffic. I think too many are just being irrational about laws that are pretty rational, for example my law here in Florida. I'm not familar with the term FRAP, because it seems to be a term mostly used on forums like this, which I'm kind of new to. But I'm not new to cycling, been cycling as my primary form of transportation for over 20 years and have done several self-contained touring.

FRAP to me is common courtesy, it has nothing to do with inferiority.

KISS is somewhat of a cliche, but doesn't detract from the basic premise. When you don't employ the KISS method things do get distorted as is the case in this issue.

Me, I'm not going to debate it. I'm too happy of a cyclist to get dragged down in BS.
The 'legal' mentality by cyclists, comes from the hostility they have experienced at the hands of motorists.

As for FRAP, that is a matter of definition, in terms of how far in the right-most lane the individual cyclist is willing to position themselves, not where motorists want cyclists. Some motorists even yell out their vehicle window, for the cyclist to get on the sidewalk when, the cyclist not only has a right to be on the road, the local jurisdiction may even have an ordinance making it illegal to ride on the sidewalk.