Old 09-20-11, 10:06 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by HillRider
I think you have too much clearance between the "finger" of the chain watcher and the inner face of the chainring. Set up properly the chain should not be able to move past the teeth of the chainring. Shift into the granny and the big cog and adjust the finger to just barely clear the chain's side plates. Also be sure the chain watcher is set high enough to guide the chain onto the granny ring.
On the bike with the Third Eye Watcher, I do have it installed as described. The chain never drops to the BB shell where the external bearing is installed. Because the inside plate on the derailleur is designed for a 30t chainring, the chain disengages from the chainring and just sits on the chain retainer when I upshift. The good news is that I can get it back on the 50t outer chainring by just gently pedaling and upshifting. It's not ideal, but I don't lose pace and I stay on the bike.

I have not used the K Edge item yet.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 09-20-11 at 10:56 AM.