View Single Post
Old 09-20-11, 02:53 PM
jordo_99

Bikes: KHS John Howard (6500 Ultegra) - Quattro Assi XXX (6510 Ultegra/Neuvation wheels) - Gary Fisher Tasajara (Deore/LX)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've used CardioTrainer a lot for running and it did pretty well. The free version works but it's only as accurate as the GPS in my phone which can get spotty.

Endumundo (spelling?) probably has the most potential with it's ANT+ capabilities (...just waiting on the phones to catch up now...not that the technology isn't there already. Manufacturers just don't enable it to be used in firmware T_T )

If you're willing to pay for CardioTrainer I think it's pretty advanced. It's got nutrition built into the site with an app for that. The training side of it also has various workouts like "race yourself" or intervals which would be awesome. I also like that you can set how often it tells you your time/distance and your speed/pace (I have it every minute...min 1 - time/distance, min 2 - speed/pace, min 3 - time/distance...etc)

Not going to give CardioTrainer too much praise as it's stop/start times aren't as accurate as Endumundo so stopping at lights affects average speed more but it's pretty solid overall. Just give them a try.