Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleave
Hi All,

Glad to hear that everyone is doing okay (assuming the hole in AJ's knee is better) and I hope to see Hermes and Velo Diva at the velodrome in a couple of weeks. I'll be working the official's video camera on Thursday evening. As far as Red's TT performances go, now I have to worry about another woman who can TT faster than me.
Hehe. Seriously, I find that hard to believe, as you've raced for years, and you race frequently. I'm only in my 5th year, and I don't race nearly as often as you.

Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
Great job RR. I have yet to learn how to ignore the negative and self-limiting thoughts as well as the "what the hell are you doing to yourself for" thoughts.
It's taken 4 years to get control of those thoughts. I used to believe them and although I tried riding harder, once the thoughts were in my head, my race was done.

Acknowledging that you have those thoughts and refusing to let them dominate your consciousness will do much to allowing yourself to get closer to your potential. That, and living like a monk and training like a rabid dog, a la Hermes.