Old 09-21-11, 01:32 PM
ColinL
Two-Wheeled Aficionado

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur TR, Cannondale Quick CX dropbar conversion & others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Small Block Eight is a great hybrid tire except I flatted them easily and often. (Now I run Mr Tuffy liners.. I bet they would work with those.) They're really thin, especially the sidewalls. I have heard that the new Slant Six is more durable.

My hybrid right now has some Kenda Kross Supreme and I absolutely hate them on tarmac. They weave more than any knobby I've used and it feels like you're riding on a flat tire even when they have max pressure. They're ok on singletrack but not very good. I paid $20 for the set from Amazon and I think I'm going to wave the white flag and pull them off. I suppose I'll store them in the basement in case someone I really dislike says they need a tire.

I think I might have my LBS order in a set of 29x2.0 Bontrager 29-3 tires. I read in a thread somewhere (not sure if it was here or MTB forum) that they fit on a BF member's 'mountainish' hybrid. If that doesn't work I'm getting a set of Slant Six. I have great tires on my road bike and my El Cheapo experiment failed miserably with my hybrid.

Last edited by ColinL; 09-21-11 at 01:39 PM.