View Single Post
Old 09-22-11, 11:19 AM
sugscott

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finding a crank

I don't know if Im going to get shouted at for posting this here, but I can't post it in the market place because I don't have a premium membership, so I thought this would be the next best place.

I have had my Triumph Cyclone for almost half a year now, and some time ago I posted a thread on here about how the crank arm kept coming loose. I tightened it as much as possible, and it was ok for a few months, but recently it has really started to loosen up all the time.

The guys in my local bike shop said that I should by a new crank arm, but they don't stock the right size for my bike, which currently has 165mm cranks, with a square taper. Does anyone know firstly if there is a website, or company that stocks older parts for bikes that could sell me a crank, or if it would just be better to replace the whole crankset? For example I found a crank on a website, but it has been made some 20 years later than the rest of my bike! Will this mean that it may not fit? For example are there measurements for the square taper as well as the length of the crank, or do they all have the same size slot?

http://www.cyclex.co.uk/product/cycl...and/cwc10.html (thats a link for the crank I found on the website)

Also what happens if you have different sized cranks on either side? There is one going on ebay at the moment for £2 which is 170mm, this doesn't sound like a massive difference in size to me... but say I bought that would it make my pedling unbalanced and feel weird???

Thanks