Old 09-26-11, 06:55 AM
southpawboston

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by photogravity
Since I just attached it to the bike, it seems to be pretty tight. I'll be surprised if it rattles even without a gasket or bead of silicone.
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Never notice it on my bikes...I am over half deaf and ride on gravel and rough roads, so rattles are a normal part of the ride.
The bike in the picture above is used almost exclusively for gravel/dirt roads and fire trails, and gets a lot of "abuse". In about 500 miles of dirt road and trail riding thus far, nary a rattle. The key is to use star washers or nylock nuts on all the fender and taillight mounting points. Otherwise, fasteners are likely to work their way loose.

Originally Posted by photogravity
That looks great! Are those the zeppelin fenders?

Seems I remember you saying you had a source for those somewhere a while back. Do you care to share where you're getting them from? I'd love to get my hands on some of those, if possible.
Yep, Zeps. I wish I did have a source for those taillights! Unfortunately, ePay is my source. I found that one on ebay.fr and ended up winning it for a little less than they typically fetch on US eBay... which is to say, still more than anyone could have predicted these would fetch five years ago.