Jimi77
Used & Abused

Bikes: GT Avalanche 2.0 + Burley D'lite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimRider
Just think...Schwinn isn't Schwinn anymore...GT isn't GT anymore...and Mongoose isn't Mongoose anymore. They're all under the umbrella of Dorel Industries. It was to the best interest for Dorel to "save" the name of Schwinn. Especially, when you consider the fact that was the sole purpose they purchased Schwinn in the first place. There once was a time when the Schwinn name was equivalent with quality. Dorel intended to capitalize upon that fact. With the proper marketing tools, they should have accomplished that goal by now. However, they have not! The Schwinn name continues to dwindle.

Dorel has not and will not announce any major technological break throughs because there is no incentive for laboratory scientists or engineers to become innovative. There's no CEO that's gonna say, " Come up with something that will rival the compound that Trek has come up with as an anti-oxidation additve in their aluminum matrix".

It's just business as usual...quality controlled status quo.

No competion. No inter-company scientific rivalries. No innovation. No creativity. No invention.

It's just the "Keep 'em coming, baby!" attitude, that's gonna destroy the innovative spirit of the once loyal American companies, who once had a reason to technologically excel!

In my heart of hearts, I want aluminum to become a product that has no material peers. However, in light of the current American (International) business strategy of today, that's not going to happen!

- Slim
I don't see how that hurts the industry. So what if Dorel doesn't want to put forth the RD that Trek does? Schwinn's are still decent bikes.