View Single Post
Old 09-28-11, 06:26 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Awesome commute today. Cool air, mostly blue overhead, light traffic, slanting cold sunlight, some foliage changing color.

I wanted to catch the early train this morning but after the excitement at the end of last night's baseball game I accidentally flipped the clock radio over to "off" instead of "alarm". My sweetie woke me up this morning with only 5 minutes to get out the door. Okay, I didn't really want to catch the 6:45 anyway. Stayed in bed for a while and caught the usual 8:10.

The ride home was nice too, still cool. I got a late start due to work but still had plenty of time.

Had a bit of trouble with my chain throwing itself off the chainrings both on the inside and the outside. Once it even jumped off the RD, made possible because of Suntour's "quick install" cage. Fortunately another chain skid wasn't in the cards. I wonder if it is too worn already after about 700 miles. Maybe differential oil isn't such a great lubricant after all. It has jumped a chainring a few times in the last few weeks. Must ponder...

About a mile and a half from Attleboro I flipped my generator on because the light had the feel of evening. As I waited for the train the sun set behind the subtle clouds blowing in from the east. It was a good day.