View Single Post
Old 09-28-11, 09:51 PM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts

can't really claim high performance, but i did start with a hybrid mountain bike instead of a beach cruiser like i normaly stretch. it also has higher pressure 1.5" tires instead of the ballon tires on my other bike. i can tell a bit of performance difference, but i got the ergos a little better on my main cruiser so i still like it better. i chose my first one for the mayors bike ride this past labor day, when i had actually built the newer one to take it's place.

there's about a 15lb difference bettween the two, but the lighter of the two is still around 40lbs, so that's not saying much. the black one actually does have clips on it. i just found some in a thrift store and put them on it. don't make much difference though.

i may change the front sprocket on the newer one, and i'm looking for the biggest alloy beach cruiser handlebars i can find to get the reach a little better (alloy to try and keep with the lighter weight idea). it should become a faster bike, at least faster than the black one.