View Single Post
Old 09-29-11, 10:49 AM
votoms888

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quattroG
That Diamondback 3 is a great bike. I have the 2. 2011 is the last decent year for the 3. I just checked Diamondbacks web page and they've really cut costs and put less expensive components on the insight. The 1 even dropped the aero bladed front fork. These are great bikes, but while you can find a 1 at Dick's Sporting goods, you just can't find the 2 or 3 at many places to test ride. Good luck with it. It's a great looking bike.

Did you get that at a LBS or via Online?
That is true. My friend recommended this bike to me. He is a cycle nut and has some very expensive bikes, even a Kestrel, but commutes on a 2010 Insight 3. I was actually surprised when I saw the 2012 specs and noticed that it lost the carbon fork and deore comps. Mine was bought through Amazon/Nashbar. Originally ordered it through nashbar.com but because I am Canadian using a US mailing address, they cancelled my order. However, I found it on Amazon for the same price (sold by Nashbar) and they shipped without an issue, go figure. I checked last week for a friend and they were only down to a handful of Insight 3 so i am sure they are sold by now. Definately don't regret this decision. BTW price was $449. Frame is by Kinesis and I am pretty confident the fork is too. If I hadn't found this deal I would have dropped $1350 on a Kona PHD. =D