View Single Post
Old 09-30-11, 02:04 PM
Stealthammer
Still spinnin'.....

Bikes: Fisher Opie freeride/urban assault MTB, Redline Monocog 29er MTB, Serrota T-Max Commuter, Klein Rascal SS, Salsa Campion Road bike, Pake Rum Runner FG/SS Road bike, Cannondale Synapse Road bike, Santana Arriva Road Tandem, and others....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
Until I read your post, I thought you had a popcorn-worthy thread that was going to ask..."why shave your legs, but not your arms or face"? You let me down....I'll have to take my popcorn to another thread.

I just noticed that you posted this in the General Cycling forum too...if you're gonna post a shaving thread, the roadie forum is your huckleberry. DOUBLE FAIL!
Have you read the posts on the referenced threads? I thought not. I did shave my arms and legs for at least 8 years to reduce the injury level and improve healing time because I learned over a 4 year period that not shaving reduced my riding time due to healing time. For so-called veteren riders to poopoo shaving when talking to Noobs is like veterens recommending that Noobs not wear helmets. You have proven my point and I will place you in the "Disinformation" side of the equation. No problem.

BTW: Mountain bikers have a greater need to take advantage of the benefit than Roadies because they are far more likely to go down, and they are going down on dirt with whatever organic/inorganic contaminents, rather than potentially cleaner asphalt.