Old 09-30-11, 02:37 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

Bikes: I used to have many. And I Will again.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Ouch, glad you didn't sustain far worse injuries. The incidents similar down in my neck of the woods have resulted in untimely death of the riders.
You sound like you're trying to be fair and upstanding. Just remember, a vehicle operator is supposed to uphold their end of being a road user and sharer. Fault is clear and evident here. Get rightfully compensated.

As for the Technium, I have an identical Pro frameset that I couldn't figure out what year it was until I found your website. It's not as nice as yours, mine has scratches and such. I have no immediate plans for it (a tad big). I used yours as reference, so it's a sad end to a nice example.

+1 to the advice given on how to deal with the his insurance. Don't sign any waivers, injuries should be examined and assessed by medical professionals, initial offer is always the lowball one. You are not going to get the driver in any more trouble than he is already in, the deed is done. You are the victim here, and he paid for the services of an insurer. I don't think it'll go down well with him too, that you were only given $500 compensation for an incident that could have potentially taken your life. If he has a deductible on his policy, the insurance co. isn't paying out at all, it's coming out of his pocket, and they walk away from any liability.
Not telling you to milk this like a fat cat. Just do right for yourself.

And heal well and quick.