fredfriday

Bikes: bikefriday nwt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by energyandair
I agree with the rest of your post but not so much about the Birdy

I do agree that a Birdy is not for riding hands free. If that's important to someone, they should not buy a Birdy. Other than that, I don't agree with your general statement about it not being stable or comfortable.

maybe it has to do with my geometry. i have very long legs and long arms. i bought from a high value dealer in zurich. he seemed to be knowledgeable about bikes.
when i rode the uetlibergstrasse downwards from uetliberg to zurich center the bike took up speed to 80 or 90. i had to hit the brakes because the front wheel was shaking and vibrating like crazy. it was extremely dangerous. when hitting the front brake at 90 the shaking got worse. i almost fell from the bike.
i think it is a construction flaw that does not get noticed until you reach very high speed and you need to hit the brakes. in my opinion the front suspension system is dangerous.
that was the reason why i sold the bike. the good thing is that i did not loose much.

today i ride the bikefriday nwt. i can ride it freehandedly and i have ridden at very high speed without shaking or vibrating. the brakes are excellent even from 90-0. i feel very secure.

i do not have extensive experience with bromies. i think they are good bikes.
can you ride them freehandedly and how about high speed ?