Old 10-02-11, 03:43 AM
chasm54
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimRider

MickeyBikes began with a very humorous commentary about helmets. I initially thought that we were going to debate the helmet issue quite seriously. However, when I saw that he was being facetious and comical, I decided to join in the comedy.
You clearly missed his point. He can speak for himself, but I think you'll find that he was using sarcasm to make a serious point, namely that people who insist that cycling is dangerous enough to require protective clothing are frequently ignorant, as you seem to be, of the fact that it is no more dangerous than a host of other everyday activities for which insistence on a helmet would be absurd.

People here who oppose mandatory helmet laws get pretty tired of being told they are stupid by those who have never bothered to consider the evidence, and who frequently seem incapable of understanding that evidence when it is presented. If you want to discuss the issue, discuss it. If you want to be the subject of a shoal of complaints to the mods, carry on making unfunny "jokes" about the mental incapacity of other posters.

Last edited by chasm54; 10-02-11 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Typo