Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ahultin
Looks to be around the 4000 foot range and while i didnt know it at the time I was near the top when I bowed out of the perris ride.
The benefits of hill training on long consistent climbs. You don't need to be fast, but you learn how to recoup on the climb and how to use the short flat sections wisely which in return, saves that little extra energy you need to crest the top.

Plus, early on in the ride, save that energy on flat and downhill section. Don't make the Clyde mistake of burning energy on down hills when you should be recouping for the late climbs. I've seen to many Clydes race downhill then later say, "I dropped you on the climb" only to find they have zero energy for the later climbs.

Also, don't charge out of the gates a the start. Waste of energy. Warm up into the ride, finish strong. Gina and I did a century through Perris. Riverside Market Street Park to Perris, around Elsinore, then Tom's Farm, up Cojalco to Lake Mathews then back to Riverside. Everybody blasted out of the gate, we were 2nd to last at the first check point at Perris Lake of 40 riders. We worked into the ride. After Perris we went through Winchester and along Ramona Hwy/78 (?) By the time we finished, we were about the tenth out of the 40 It's better to pace than to race off the line. Let them go, you'll see them later.....It was called the Tour De Cure 5 Lake Challenge, a diabetes fund raiser.