Old 10-08-11, 11:32 AM
Pars 

Bikes: '73 Raleigh RRA, 1986 Trek 500 commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jonwvara
I'm reviving this dead but not yet badly decomposed thread because I'm wondering if these guys (Cycle Underground) are still in business. Google takes you to a static site that claims Cycle Undergrond has a new improved Web site in the works, but no other information. They don't answer email anymore.
I would like to try these guys again as part of my ongoing quixotic effort to get someone to make me a 122 BCD triplizer ring. They told me a year and a half ago that they could do it, but I stupidly didn't follow up and now maybe it's too late. Still waiting for the outfit in North Carolina that said they could make the ring to actually do it. I email them once a month and they always say "yes, we're going to make your ring any day now." At least I haven't paid them anything yet.
Also, FWIW, I asked the guy at CU about their tooth design--whether it was applicable to derailleur gearing or SS/FG only--and was told that they can make either tooth style. Except that now they're apparently not making anything....
Any of you Australians know what's going on with these guys?
The link in the first post (and others on the site) seem to work... not sure if that means anything or not.