View Single Post
Old 07-06-05, 09:39 AM
skiahh

Bikes: 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lilHinault
I AGREE pm....... I'm actually looking at selling it back to the dealer (less hassle, chance of fraud, and probably a better price than selling it private party)

I'm willing to take quite a "hit" to get rid of the thing now
That's exactly what you'll do if you sell to a dealer: take quite a hit. I'm not sure what your car experience is, but selling to a dealer is the WORST thing you can do in terms of what you'll get for it. Remember, dealers don't stay in business by buying your car at close to it's value and then trying to resell it at close to its value on the open market. They'll buy it at wholesale - which is up to several thousand less than you could sell it for yourself. Do yourself a favor by doing some research (www.kbb.com, www.edmunds.com) before walking into a dealership with a huge "SUCKER" sign on your forehead.

If you're willing to take something less than retail (which you obviously are since you're considering letting a dealer steal it), you can move it very quickly on ebay or through the local paper. Just make sure you have cash in hand before you transfer the title; a certified check. No money orders, no personal checks. Ideally, since someone else will probably need a load for it, a certified check from the bank (rather than a personal check certified by the bank) as proceeds from a loan.

Good luck.