View Single Post
Old 10-09-11, 05:41 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by bikinggrrrl
Aaaahhh, I wish I could but I'm going to run three children up Mount Monadnock on Sunday.
I'll bet you had a great day going up Monadnock!

We did take the tandem out to the Bruce Freeman today. Started from the southern end, rts 27 & 225. Stopped for lunch at Heart Pond on the northbound run, then rode all the way to Chelmesford. Sharon was surprised when we emerged out at the rt110 intersection. Then we turned around and rode back to the car. It was a good day.

At the lunch stop a lady came up and asked if we had a tire pump. It seems the family, mom, dad, and daughter, had forgotten to check their tires before heading out to the rail trail for a ride. Of course, our tandem being a vintage Peugeot, I had equipped it with a vintage Zephal Solibloc (provided by BF member rhm) with a Schrader valve fitting that fit their tires (even though our tires are Presta). Sometimes the stuff that makes you feel the best is when chance offers you the opportunity to help someone else.

Yeah, it was a good day.