View Single Post
Old 10-10-11, 07:37 PM
weedeater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weedeater or Old Hottie!!

Hello bike fiends. I just discovered this site as I am looking for the provenance for a Schwinn "Xtra- Lite" Road Champion of about 1980 vintage. 10 speed with Shimano 400ff rear derailleur and Sakae bars with Road Champion within a wreath on the right side of the stem. It is not in good condition except as a driver but mechanically it is intact and ok. If it has more than just intrinsic value I would contemplate a complete redo. So .
About me. I am almost 72 (this month, the 27th) and when I am not thrashing on my two acres to keep it from becoming a jungle (again), I manage to ride 12-20 miles daily. I have an elderly Panasonic 5 speed with a small frame ( I am 6'2" but rather thin at 150#) and a 20+ yr old 18 spd mt bike with clip-ins which is my daily driver on the theory that when I get on something light.(the bike weighs 40 lbs!) I will actually be able to smoke some of you youngsters! LMAO
So I saw a thread about an Xtra-lite ergo I am going to chat with that person and find out if we have a common thread here....

Oh, just call me the weedeater. I am a mostly raw foodist or natural hygienist or whatever one would like to call it...but that is how I got the 'name'.