Old 10-10-11, 11:36 PM
jtbooth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Visiting Loveland, CO -- need recommendations!

Hey Folks,

I'm visiting Loveland for a week + (Wed through 2nd Sunday) and would be interested in renting a decent road bike and exploring some great roads around the area. I have a pretty flexible schedule. I'm looking for tips on:
1. Where to rent a good road bike (I currently have a high-quality steel bike but interested in trying carbon fiber)

2. Rides in the 30-80 mile range with 2000-8000 feet of climbing. I usually ride in the San Gabriel Mountains near Los Angeles and my usual routes are 50-60 miles with 5000+ feet of climbing. I'm not fast, I just plug away... Doing it altitude in CO may be a bit harder...

3. Open to cool group rides, but I'm not a racer, so can usually hang at 23-25 mph for a while, but not much more than that for too many miles.

4. Temps seems to be dropping quite a bit -- what are folks wearing now for heading into the foothills (yes, I'm spoiled by SoCal weather)? Just trying to plan for what to pack on this trip. Everyone in full bibs already? full gloves? or still leg warmers and arm warmers that get ripped off halfway through the ride?

Thanks all, and I'm open to buying espresso or beers for company who want to show me their favorite local loops.
Jeff