Old 10-14-11, 10:22 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,824 Times in 1,541 Posts
How about back to basics......what bike are you putting this one and what are you using it for? there is a lot of talk about aerodynamic etc.....but does that really make a difference for what you are doing with your bike? I.e if you are a competitive tri guy (in the clyde divison) then weight and aerodynamics may be an issue.

I am 268 (as of this morning) and run 32 spoke wheels with no problems. I don't bunny hop or jump curbs too much. On my utility bike I run deore hubs, strait gauge stanless spokes and sun sr18 rims..... I bought these via ebay a while back and rebuilt the rear wheel my self (original build had the spoke tension goofy). On my road bike I run ultegra hubs (600 in front 6600 in back) double butted stainless spokes and velocity deep v rims

I would suggest the you go with what is proven..... 32 to 36 spoke, standard (round) double butted stainless spokes, good hubs and there is wide choice of rims. KISS principle keep it simple silly my 2 cents.